Developing Young Mathematicians
Following on from our highly-informative ‘Designing Your Curriculum’ course, Early Excellence will be delivering this essential
new course focused on the fundamentals of teaching Mathematics in the Early Years.
With the new focus on achieving an effective curriculum, the proposed changes to the ELGs, along with Ofsted’s current inspection framework which requires staff to be “knowledgeable about the teaching of early Mathematics” and the latest research review which highlights the need for teaching Maths “in real word contexts which have meaning for the child” – it is more important than ever that teachers have a keen understanding of how children develop mathematical concepts.
The day will be highly-informative, packed with subject knowledge and practical solutions to enable schools to reflect on their approach to teaching Maths through the EYFS and into Y1 – whether through a scheme or not – and will examine the principles that underpin this early learning and the key steps towards progression and mastery.
- Explore effective strategies for teaching early Maths
- Develop a clear understanding of progression in learning through EYFS and beyond
- Consider the role of the adult in developing language, problem solving and reasoning
- Gain practical ideas for the effective use of key resources
Maths Leads, EYFS Leads & EYFS Teachers
Choose your date and venue:
- Fri 13th March – Edith Neville Primary School, London
- Tue 17th March – Doubletree by Hilton Cadbury House, Bristol
- Thu 19th March – Nottingham Nursery School & Training Centre, Nottingham
- Tue 24th March – Early Excellence Northern Centre, Huddersfield
- Thu 26th March – Hilton, Reading
- Tue 31st March – Village Hotel, Walsall
- Thu 2nd April – Ramside Hall Hotel, Durham
- Thu 23rd April – Histon Early Years Centre, Cambridge
Price and time:
- £175.00 (exc. VAT) per person
- £300.00 (exc. VAT) for two places or more / discount code mc25
- 9.30am – 3.30pm
Book now and secure your place