Early Excellence (“we”, “us” or “our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
This policy applies when you visit our Resource Centres, go online or use your mobile device and any order you place is also subject to our Terms and Conditions.
Who Are We?
For the purpose of the relevant data protection legislation, the data controller is Early Excellence Limited, The Old School, New Hey Road, Outlane, Huddersfield, HD3 3YJ.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We may collect and process the following data about you ensuring we comply with The Data Protection Act 2018 along with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
Information You Give Us:
- You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our services, search for a product, place an order on our site or sign up for our mailing lists. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number and financial and credit card information
- In the event that you choose to apply to us for employment through the Careers at Early Excellence section of our website, you will also be required to provide a copy of your CV and other relevant employment related information
How We Will Use This Information You Give Us
We may use the information you give us to:
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us
- Occasionally contact you for research purposes as we are constantly looking for ways to improve our service
- Notify you about changes to our service
- Ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- Process your application for employment in circumstances where you have provided your details through the Careers section of our website
- Contact you directly for the purpose of marketing described in more detail below. We will only do so in accordance with applicable law
Marketing and How We May Contact You
It may be necessary to use the information we have about you in our marketing. Any use of your information for marketing will be both in our legitimate interests and yours. You have a right to object at any time to this use of your information and opt out of future communications.
Where you have given us your consent or if you have previously purchased from us, we may use your information to contact you about products that you have purchased, to tell you about goods and services which we consider may interest you, our offers available from time to time, or to send you a copy of our catalogue. Our marketing communications may be provided to you by email, post or such other means as we choose.
In addition to the right to object mentioned above, you will also be provided with the opportunity to opt out of receiving these marketing communications both at the time that you provide your contact information to us and at any time afterwards by clicking on the relevant link provided in an email or by contacting us at any time by visiting our contact us page.
If you tell us that you do not want to receive any further marketing information from us, we will not contact you further for the purpose of marketing. However, we will not necessarily remove your information from our database(s) if it is necessary to retain the information for other non-marketing purposes such as where we need your information for compliance with our legal obligations. Please note that after you opt out of receiving marketing communications from us, it may take a few days to update our records during which time you may continue to receive marketing communications.
Information We Collect About You
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number
How We Will Use the Information We Collect About You:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them
How Long Will We Retain Your Data?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit a website. They can be used to remember what’s in your shopping basket while you browse or if you’re logged in.
We may obtain information about your activities on our site by using cookies. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us: to estimate the number of users of our site and usage pattern; to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests; to speed up your searches; and / or to recognise you when you return to our site.
You may refuse to accept cookies by adjusting the privacy settings in your browser. However, if you do this you may be unable to access certain parts of our site. Most browsers allow cookies by default as this enhances performance.
To find out more about cookies, how they work and how to manage them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Disclosure Of Your Information
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you. Examples of the types of companies include; deliveries, IT support and audit. Each of these external companies has a contract with us which confirms how they handle your information and is restricted so that they can only use this information to provide services to Early Excellence and to you and not for any other reason.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
Where We Store and Transfer Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to review and update your registered account details by signing in to your account at any time.
You have the right at any time to access, rectify, modify or delete any information held about you. You have the right to object to us processing your personal information if we are not entitled to use it any more or have its processing restricted in certain circumstances. Please contact by emailing email@example.com if you wish to exercise these rights.
You can request a copy of the personal information we hold about you at any time. If you wish to request this information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
New Hey Road
If you would like to contact us in relation to the above please do so by emailing email@example.com