Every Child An Artist: Teaching skills step by step through EYFS and into KS1
With a clear and welcome focus back on curriculum it is crucial to review how what you teach in early years builds seamlessly and progressively into Y1 and beyond.
Focussing on Art in all its many facets, this development day offers a master class in how to plan and deliver, step by step, the skills and experiences children can be taught in the early years and KS1 – and considers how these build up and connect with later learning.
Led by Emma Bairstow, a dynamic and highly experienced art consultant specialising in primary education, the day aims to help schools:
- Understand how different art mediums can be taught in EYFS / Y1
- Explore a wide range of practical skills and how to sequence these across EYFS / Y1
- Learn how skills can be modelled step-by-step and taught confidently in EYFS / Y1
- Use a six-stage planning structure which can be tailored to suit any art medium
Suitable for Art Co-ordinators, EYFS Leads and YR / Y1 teachers with an interest in Art, this highly practical day will enrich and strengthen your Art Curriculum and provide you with greater knowledge and confidence to implement a progressive, skill-based curriculum starting in the early years.
- Explore effective strategies for teaching art in the early years and KS1
- Develop a clear understanding of how to ensure progression through EYFS and beyond
- Gain practical ideas for the effective use of art resources
- Build confidence in subject knowledge and planning sequences
Art Co-ordinators, EYFS Leads and YR / Y1 teachers with an interest in Art
Early Excellence is following the official guidance from the Government with regard to Covid-19, therefore we have taken the decision to postpone all physical training events that were due to take place in the Summer Term.
Choose your date and venue:
- Date TBC – Edith Neville Primary, London
- Wed 10th Feb – EEx Northern Centre, Huddersfield
Price and time:
£175.00 (exc. VAT) per person
9.30am – 3.30pm
Book now and secure your place