Woodwork Resource Collection 3-5yrs
This ready-made woodwork resource collection enables children to develop a deep understanding of: Arts & Design – opportunities to explore and connect a wide range of media and materials. Physical – how to handle and control tools safely. Creativity – designing ideas, planning and creating a finished product....Read More >
Working with real tools is highly motivating and one challenge that all children are keen to experience within this woodwork resource. When working with wood‚ whether hammering nails or building a vehicle‚ children persevere through the physical and creative challenges they encounter. Make sure to introduce the woodwork resource collection carefully, setting high expectations for their use. It will be important to show children how to handle and use the tools safely so they can manage equipment independently. Once children are off to a good start, with on-going support and guidance, they will soon be able to use all the woodwork resource tools and equipment well.
This ready-made woodwork resource collection enables children to develop a deep understanding of: Arts & Design‚ opportunities to explore and connect a wide range of media and materials. Physical‚ learning how to handle and control tools and use them safely. Creativity‚ designing ideas, planning what’s needed so children can create a finished product.
View our full Complete Woodwork Area to equip your classroom.
This Woodwork Resource Collection includes:
- Philips Screwdrivers
- Hammers, 4 x red carpenter’s hammer‚ 21 x 10 x 2.5cm includes device for pulling out crooked nails, adapted to children’s arm movements
- Hacksaws and Blades‚ 4 x Hacksaws 21 x 10 x 1cm. 2 x Blades 19 x 4 x 1.2 cm
- Drill with set of 6 Drill Bits‚ Drill‚ 8mm x 10cm, set of six drill bits in descending order
- Safety Glasses‚ 4 x children’s safety glasses‚ 21 x 7 x 5 cm, adjustable temples to adapt any head size, safety is paramount when in the workshop
- Metal Rules‚ 2 x 30cm rules‚ 33.5 x 4 x 0.2 cm full dimensions with rugged rules made of stainless steel
- Tape Measures‚ 2 x 150cm yellow metric tape measures, full dimensions 8.5 x 5.5 x 1.5 cm
- Spirit Levels‚ 2 x wooden spirit levels, 15cm long, calibrated and fully functional
- Metal Clips‚ Set of 4 black/red metal clips‚ 15 x 10.5 x 2 cm
- Wooden Shapes‚ In a variety of different sizes, these natural wood pieces range from door knobs to bobbins, disks, wheels, handles, columns and many other interesting shapes
- Wooden Reels‚ This pack contains approximately 60 reels. Natural wooden reels in assorted sizes
- Corks, 1000g cork tops
- Beads‚ 15 x red beads, 15 x purple beads, 15 x orange beads
- Wheels‚ 4 x small wheels 43mm x 20mm, 4 x large tractor wheel 80mm x 30mm, 4 x small truck wheel 64mm x 26mm, 4 x large truck wheel 72mm x 26mm. Rubber tyres are made from natural beech wood with an 8.5mm diameter
- Dowling‚ 20‚ 10cm x 8mm, 10‚ 10cm x 8mm, 20‚ 25cm x 8mm, 20‚ 25cm x 12mm and 10‚ 50cm x 12cm. Made from high quality wood
- Screws‚ Our large set of woodscrews are perfect for use with our screwdrivers
- Nails, set of 1 and 1.5 nails
- Balsa Wood‚ includes 1 x 2″ x 2″ x 24″, 1 x 4″ x 1″ x 24″, 2 x 1 1/2″ x 1 1/2″ x 24″, 1 x 2″ x 1″ x 24″, 2 x 1 1/2″ x 1″ x 24″, 3 x 1″ x 1″ x 24″, 1 x 1/2″ x 1″ x 24″
- Coloured Twine‚ terracotta twine 120m and natural twine 120m. Add colour and design to work with these strong twines supplied in reels over 100m
- Suitable for age 3 and over
View our latest Get Equipped Indoors 5-7yrs brochure for ideas on how to fully equip your classroom.
*Variations – Many of our resources are produced in a variety of colours and styles and may vary slightly from those shown, however we guarantee that you will always receive the same quality and value*
**Please note code RCWWr replaces the old code IDRCWWr from June 2021**