Water Resource Collection 4-5yrs
This ready-made collection enables children to develop understanding of: Maths – sets of containers, scoops, funnels, jugs and buckets for volume, capacity and size, promote comparison. Science – jugs and funnels, whisks, colanders, objects with holes, tubes and pipes, water wheel for exploring forces, flow, speed and direction....Read More >
This ready-made water resource collection 4-5yrs allows children to develop a deep understanding of maths and science. Maths – sets of graded containers, scoops, funnels, jugs and buckets for exploring volume and size, order and promoting comparison. Science – jugs and funnels as well as a water wheel for learning about forces, flow, speed and direction.
Our water resource collection 4-5yrs has been carefully chosen to build on experiences in the EYFS. It will engage children in a wealth of imaginative and mathematical thinking. Pipes, tubes and measures promote investigation and problem solving. We’ve also included a selection of boats, helicopters, people and sea creatures, along with natural materials for storytelling.
Our Water Resource Collection 4-5yrs includes the following:
- Sea Creatures – Set includes an Octopus, Bottlenose Dolphin, Killer Whale, Walrus, Sea Lion, Turtle, Great White Shark – In the deep oceans of the world, there are many different types of fish.
- Divers – Male and Female Scuba divers – Exploring the underwater world is full of excitement and wonder. What will these divers discover?
- 3 Graded Jugs – 250ml, 500ml and 1L jugs – Pouring from one to another, filling and emptying. These jugs with spout also help children make these actions smoothly.
- 3 Graded Funnels – 7.5cm, 9.5cm, 13cm Funnels – In three different sizes, children can experiment with how to gauge filling and empty containers.
- 3 Graded Cylinders – Clear containers for holding 100ml, 250ml and 500ml of fluid. With pouring spouts and easy stands, cylinders let children measure fluid and also pour with ease.
- Clear Tubing & Baster – 2 x small clear pots, 2 x large acrylic basters, 1m transparent water play tubing – 12.7mm diameter, 1m plastic thin tubing – 19mm diameter. Children will love seeing the movement of water through these clear tubes and with squeezy basters.
- Corks – Children can investigate how corks float and also how they can be used within water play.
- Transparent Buckets – Two clear buckets in small and medium to further enhance water play.
- Graded Beakers – 100ml, 250ml and 500ml – Focus on capacity play to support key areas of maths and science with this set of beakers.
- Set of 10 People – Add our set of 10 people to encourage children in small world play.
- Mixed River Gems – Smooth and cool to the touch, this selection of pebbles gives children a different aspect of natural materials to investigate.
- Water Wheel – The water wheel is a favourite with children who will enjoy the action of pouring over the water so the wheel turns faster.
- Boats – Add to your water collection by using small world boats in different sizes.
- Fish – In the deep oceans of the world, there are many different species of fish. Here’s a set of ten if the most vibrant!
- Shells – Set of shells including cone shells, Japanese land snail shells, strawberry troca shells, tiger cowrie shells and eggshell cowrie shells. These beautiful patterned shells can also be used to set a lovely beach scene.
- Measuring Scoops – Three sizes of scoop to further enhance water play.
- Tea Set – Plastic colourful kettle and cups.
- Collection of Metal Utensils – Stainless steel mini sieve and mini colander, metal measuring scoops and balloon whisk.
View our latest Indoor & Outdoor Essentials brochure for inspiration on how to fully equip your classroom.