Small World Resource Collection 4-5yrs
Small world play will develop key skills in language through storytelling with characters and props which stimulate ideas and broaden children’s vocabulary, story and narrative. It also promotes maths as children construct towers, enclosures and buildings learning about shape, tessellation and symmetry....Read More >
Small world play is rich in language and is a fantastic resource that helps children to use their imagination. This small world resource collection offers lifelike resources that connect with the real world. Children are able to represent people familiar to them, acting out narratives and reflecting on events in their lives. By adding fantasy characters, children are able to delve into their imagination. Royal figures, mystical creatures, pirates and superheroes all come to life as children engage in rich and sophisticated storytelling.
Small world play will develop key skills in language through storytelling with characters and props which stimulate ideas and broaden children’s vocabulary, story and narrative. It also promotes maths as children construct towers, enclosures and buildings learning about shape, tessellation and symmetry.
Our Small World Resource Collection includes the following:
- Set of Wooden Arches – Made of high-quality wood, these arches are also a great addition to small world fantasy scenes.
- Large Tower with Door – This large wooden tower is available with an opening wooden door so it’s just the right size for our characters.
- Wooden Wall Pieces
- Farm Animals – Farm animals recognisable from stories and rhymes encourage children to tell stories and add their own sounds and ideas whilst also expanding vocabulary.
- Fantasy Characters – Fairies, Kings and Queens appear in so many stories familiar to children so they can narrate and expand further.
- Magical Creatures – Fantasy small world play allows children to venture into their imaginations and story with mystical creatures like unicorns, a phoenix or a dragon.
- Set of People – This set of eight characters will also help children to act out familiar scenarios.
- 12 Mirror Blocks – A set of 12 blocks which have mirrors to one side – so a perfect accessory for small world superhero or fantasy play.
- Set of People Who Help – A selection of three people who young children will be familiar with helping us in our daily lives including farmers and a vet.
- Vehicles Set – Children love to roll vehicles around the towns and structures they have made. These vehicles have been selected for the size and excellent quality.
- Set of Pirates – Children will love this set of pirates, complete with a treasure chest and cannon.
- Jumps and Fences – These wooden fences can be used to line the fields and also as jumps for the horses.
- Barriers, Warning Signs and Road Signs– Warning! Construction site ahead! Look out for barriers and dangers signs, these barriers and signs will also add an extra dimension to your classroom.
- Set of Horses and Riders – Watch as children set up show-jumping events and see how well, or badly the riders and horses do.
- 12 Coloured Blocks – Building with different and colourful shapes here adds a new dimension to children’s storytelling.
- Set of Pets – Children will enjoy feeding, walking and cleaning these animals.
- Set of Board Pieces – Board pieces help children to make buildings and landscapes of their own designs.
- Large Tree Blocks Set – 36 piece set. Perfect for forest scenery, or fairy houses. These authentic wooden pieces with bark come in a mixed bag of all shapes and sizes.
- Basic Medium Blocks – 56 piece set. Children love to assemble large structures from small blocks, so they can make their buildings more complex each time.
View our latest Indoor & Outdoor Essentials brochure for inspiration on how to fully equip your classroom.