Science Resource Collection 3-4yrs
These collections will evoke a sense of awe and wonder about the phenomena in our world. Young children will be fascinated by the resources and will become fully engaged in learning about physical science – a great way to inspire the researchers and inventors of the future....Read More >
This Science Resource Collection 3-4yrs will evoke a sense of awe and wonder about the phenomena in our world. Young children will be fascinated by the resources and will become fully engaged in learning about physical science – a great way to inspire the researchers and inventors of the future.
This ready-made science resource collection 3-4yrs taps into children’s curiosity. These resources will inspire children to investigate, experiment with ideas, and also hypothesise and reach their own conclusions. Key concepts of cause and effect, similarities and differences are taught and the magical qualities of materials, force and light are revealed. Young children will be fascinated by the resources and all of the possibilities they offer for enquiry. In turn they will become fully engaged in learning about physical science so it’s a great way to inspire the researchers and inventors of the future.
This science resource collection 3-4yrs has key opportunities for learning and development; honing fine motor skills by handling different tools and materials. it also develops an understanding of cause and effect, similarities, differences, patterns and changes. Through child-led, adult supported play, children will use these investigative materials to explore and experiment, so they develop a deep understanding of Science and Physical development.
Our Science Resource Collection 3-4yrs includes the following
Colour & Light
- Coloured Paddles – 150mm – transparent colour paddles in a range of colours will enable children to experiment with colour changes as well as with light.
- Set of Kaleidoscopes – beautiful patterns and colours are clear through these wonderful kaleidoscopes in different designs.
- Kaleidoscope Glasses x 4 – this set of bright, vibrant kaleidoscope glasses will excite children as they watch as people, products and settings turn into interesting patterns and shapes.
- Mirage Scopes x 8 – Small mirage scopes offer a different view of light.
- Set of Glitter Sticks x 4 – Children can watch the beautiful patterns and colours intertwine with this glitter stick.
- Mini Telescopes – Set of 4 Mini telescopes in a range of colours. Small but mightily clear over distance, these handy mini telescopes will impress curious minds.
- Set of 6 Mirrors – 2 x square mirrors, 2 x round mirrors and 2 x rectangular mirrors. Mirrors interest all age groups of children from being very young. This set supplies different shapes and hand-held sizes.
- Set of Oil Timers – 4 x Oil timers in oval, dual colour and large. The colour, light and movement of oil timers will engage children’s curiosity.
- Set of Wand Magnets– pack of 4 – 190mm – Six plastic wand magnets in bright colours can also be used in conjunction with metallic chips and magnetic marbles.
- Metal Chips– 20mm – These open-ended metal chips can be used for a range of subjects including counting, sorting, currency. A steel ring around the edge of each chip means they can be picked up by a magnet.
- Coloured Horseshoe Magnet – 12.5cm – This horseshoe shaped magnet is great for small groups and also individual learning.
- Small Horseshoe Magnet – 75mm x 10mm – Individual chrome steel horseshoe magnet with keeper.
- Giant Horseshoe Magnet– 210mm – Powerful magnets, with North and South poles clearly marked, are housed at the ends of this impressive giant horseshoe magnet.
Things That Move
- Set of Springs – 2 x large rainbow springs. A mesmerising selection of springs in different sizes and colours which will fascinate children as they experiment with the movements.
- Animal Pop-ups – these animal pop ups will twist and turn as though they are dancing.
- Flexi People – 1 x flexi fairy and 1 x flexi pirate. Beautifully painted characters with movable joints so children will investigate how whilst playing or story-telling.
- Set of Pull Back Toys – including 2 x racing cars, 1 x train and 1 x mouse. Children can race these pull back toys against each other and see who wins!
- Set of Magnifiers x 3 – Large Magnifiers 23 cm long, 8 cm diameter. Children will enjoy sharing their ideas as they work together with our set of three magnifiers.
- Set of Trays – 3 x Square Balconneire Trays, 1 x Small 30cm, 1 x Medium 35cm and 1 x Large 40cm. This set of three green trays are ideal for separating investigations with magnets and also finding objects in sand.
View our latest Indoor & Outdoor Essentials brochure for inspiration on how to fully equip your classroom.