Maths Resource Collection 4-5yrs
This ready-made maths resource collection is well stocked with small resources to encourage discussion about size, shape and quantity – building a great range of vocabulary. Exploring number, space, shape and measure through hands on, open-ended activities and games brings maths to life....Read More >
This maths resource collection is full of resources to encourage discussion about size, shape and quantity – building a great range of vocabulary. Games boards, dice and spinners provide opportunities for number recognition.
Exploring number, space, shape and measure through hands on, open-ended activities and games brings maths to life in this maths resource collection. Although challenging to get right, a carefully planned maths area provides a wide range of natural resources. Children will love being able to sort, match, order and compare, while learning about number through games, rhymes and songs. With encouragement and support, children will soon know how to use the maths resource collection independently and become engaged in meaningful experiences that lay down strong foundations for later learning.
Our Maths Resource Collection includes the following:
- Maths Games Collection – Set of Dice & Spinners and 2 x Games boards. Set of 2 x dot dice, 2 x number dice, 2 x jumbo spot dice and 4 x ten-sided dice along with 4 x number spinners in a range of colours. With this great set of maths resources, you will be able to design any number of simple games. It includes a whiteboard for recording and tallying, dice and spinners, and also a games board for moving and counting.
- Number Lines & Cards – Set of green and blue maths Signs ( + – x / = ) and number cards 0-10. Using number cards and lines will help children to recognise numbers so they can begin to order them.
- Number Bean Bags – 7cm per bean bag –These counting bean bags are perfect for teaching number sequences. All sets include a cotton string storage bag.
- Set of Mini Whiteboard Markers – in red, blue, green and black. These pens are available in 4 colours – 2 of each – and have been designed especially for use with our boards.
- Sand and Digital Timers – 3 x Digital timers, 1 x 1 minute sand timer, 1 x 3 minute sand timer and 1 x 5 minute sand timer – Entice children to vary and expand their maths learning using this good selection of sand and electronic classroom timers.
- Set of Natural Discs – 2-5cm dimeter – Small wooden natural discs are ideal for counting out and sorting.
- Set of Minibeasts – Always attractive to children, this set of minibeasts is perfect for sorting and matching.
- Caterpillars & Butterflies Set – Set of 10 Caterpillars and Butterflies – Explore number, sorting and counting with this set of caterpillars and butterflies.
- Ladybirds & Bumble Bees Set – Set of 20 Ladybird and Bumble Bees – This set is great for use with number rhymes or so children can invent maths board games.
- 3 Graduated Boxes – Set of 3 graduated cardboard boxes – 1 x 10cm, 1 x 11.5cm, 1 x 13cm. These boxes are ideal for sorting or storage.
- Round Boxes – Set of 2 round boxes – 1 x 8.5cm, 1 x 10.5cm.
- Colourful Nesting Boxes – This set of 5 green nesting boxes are ideal for teaching about shape, size and quantity. Children can use these to sort their small world resources and learn about number and calculation.
- Set of Whiteboards – 2 x A4 Whiteboards and 2 x A3 Whiteboards. This set of whiteboards enable children to record and tally information such as measurements, calculations and tally’s.
- Set of Magnetic Numbers – Brightly coloured, attractive numbers and calculation magnetic signs are appealing to children.
- Natural Stones – 2kg – Small Stones provide children another opportunity for counting to larger numbers and also work on calculation.
- Set of Ribbons – 4 x Colourful Ribbons 15mm x 2m – Measurement can be explored with these ribbons whilst also increasing maths vocabulary.
- Wooden Rings – Set of 4 Wooden rings can be used to help children group, sort and match, as well as build on calculation skills. This collection provides 4 sets of wooden rings in varying sizes.
- Tape Measures – 3 x Blue tape measures – 1m long x 30mm wide. Chunky and easy to hold, with bold 1cm and 10cm markings.
- Set of Wooden Coloured Discs – 30 x Red 2.5cm Discs, 25 x Yellow 3cm Discs, 20 x Blue 4cm Discs and 15 x Green 5cm Discs – A selection of circular wooden coloured discs in four colours and sizes will naturally steer children to mathematical thinking.
- Shells – Set of 30 shells in a range of sizes and shapes.
- Set of Small World – Selection of 20 mini small world animals including tropical frogs, mice and fish.
- Dowling – Set of 30 x 10cm Dowling and 20cm Dowling. This set of dowling can also be used for calculation, adding and subtracting.
View our latest Indoor & Outdoor Essentials brochure for inspiration on how to fully equip your classroom.