Exploring Animals & Minibeasts Collection
£110.00 (exc VAT)
£ 132.00 (inc VAT)
This Exploring Animals & Minibeasts Collection helps children to become familiar and identify the plants and animals that live around them, expanding vocabulary and deepening their understanding of similarity and difference....Read More >
Children’s innate interest in their immediate environment and everything in it can be harnessed through the provision of resources to collect, observe, classify and question. Through regular opportunities to explore, children will deepen their knowledge and understanding of the natural world with this Exploring Animals & Minibeasts Collection, becoming familiar with and identifying the plants and animals that live around them, expanding vocabulary and deepening their understanding of similarity and difference.
Our Exploring Animals & Minibeasts Collection includes the following:
- British Wildlife Finger Puppet Set – featuring well know British wildlife including a Fox, Badger, Rabbit, Owl, Red Squirrel and Hedgehog.
- Spring Creatures Finger Puppet Set – including a Ladybird, Frog, Caterpillar, Butterfly and Bee.
- Birds Finger Puppet Set – including Blackbird, Blue Tit, House Sparrow, Hummingbird and Robin.
- Set of Bug Jars & Magnifiers – 1 x medium bug jar, 1 x mini bug pot and 1 x large bug jar with handle, 2 x large green magnifier (23cm), 1 x small clear magnifier and 1 x large clear magnifier. Children can use these resources for the closer inspection of insects and nature all around us.
- Set of Observation Trays – 1 x small white pond tray 342 x 251 x 51mm and 1 x large white pond tray 420 x 312 x 92mm. The sturdy structure and white colour makes these trays ideal for observing minibeasts caught when pond dipping.
- Pooter – 70mm x 54mm – Designed not to be perfectly round so that bugs will find a crevice to hide in and are easier to observe. The jar contains two holes; one of which has a fine mesh covering to prevent bugs being drawn into the mouth. Two lengths of tubing (removable for easy washing) are supplied.
- Collecting Pots x 10 – 60ml – Crystal clear styrene jars with single thread and easy twist off cap. Ideal for viewing and transporting specimens.
View our latest Get Set for Investigations 3-7yrs brochure for inspiration on how to fully equip your classroom.