Enquiry Area Resource Collection 5-7yrs
Inspire KS1 children to use investigative materials to explore and experiment in new ways with this comprehensive Enquiry Area Resource Collection for 5-7yrs. As children examine, experiment with ideas, and hypothesize to reach their own conclusions they will learn to develop effective questioning and early research skills as well as engage their natural curiosity....Read More >
Tap into your KS1 children’s inquisitive nature about our world and encourage scientific exploration with this carefully selected Enquiry Area Resource Collection 5-7yrs. With this ready-made collection which includes a range of non-fiction texts, artefacts and unique resources, young children will be supported in developing effective questioning and early research skills as they examine, experiment with ideas, and also hypothesize and reach their own conclusions – a fantastic set to encourage and inspire the researchers and inventors of the future!
Including a range of enquiry equipment complete with wooden label holders, measuring apparatus, magnifying glasses, collection pots and magnets – such a great selection of fascinating and inspiring resources that encourages the curriculum through child-led, adult supported play. As well as revealing key scientific concepts, children will develop their natural curiosity and enquiry skills as they learn to use simple equipment to observe, record and relate their findings, as well as use non-fiction texts to acquire knowledge for further understanding.
Broader learning and development are also addressed as children practise their fine motor skills by handling different tools and materials, developing a deeper understanding of the world around them and acquiring new purposeful vocabulary, by discussing how things happen and why things work.
This Enquiry Area Resource Collection 5-7yrs includes:
- Set of 2 Trays includes 1 approx. 30cm and 1 approx. L40cm plastic balconniere tuff trays
- Set of 4 Wand Magnets includes bright magnetic wands, approx. L19cm
- Set of 4 chrome steel horseshoe magnet approx. 7.5cm
- Set of 10 Wooden Card Holders approx. 2.5cm x 2.5cm x 1cm each, features a small grove approx. 2mm deep – thick enough to hold postcards, signs
- Set of 4 Wooden Rings approx. 15cmDia
- Set of 2 A4 Wooden Clipboards
- Set of 4 Transparent Grids 20×20
- Set of Measuring Resources includes 1 wind up tape approx. 10m and 1 flexible tape measure
- Set of Assorted Mirrors includes 2 rectangular, 2 circular, 2 square and a set of 10 mini convex and concave mirrors
- Set of 4 Clear Magnifiers approx. L19cm x 8cm Dia each
- 1 Digital Stopwatch
- 1 Compass
- Set of Plastic Pots includes 4 Mini Bug Pots, 6 Smell Pots and 3 Coloured Magnifier Pots
- Set of Small Lidded Tins includes 3 round and 2 square with clear peep windows
- Set of 8 Printed Early Excellence World Maps
- Set of 2 Forehead Thermometers approx. 9cm x 4cm
- 1 Mini Skeleton approx. H46cm
- 1 Montessori Globe approx. H16cm featuring detachable world globe, spins on its axis on wooden base
- Set of 2 Binoculars approx. 11cm x 0.8cm x 0.4cm features 3 magnification lenses and includes lanyard
- Set of 2 Reference Books includes First Encyclopedia of the Human Body and First Encyclopedia of Our World, continually refreshed and are subject to availability
- Suitable for age 5 and over
Many of our resources are produced in a variety of colours and styles and may vary slightly from those shown, however we guarantee that you will always receive the same quality and value.
View our latest Get Equipped Indoors 5-7yrs Brochures for more ideas so you can fully equip your classroom.