Dry Sand Resource Collection 4-5yrs
Investigate and explore the fascinating properties of dry sand with this comprehensive Dry Sand Resource Collection for 4-5yrs. By facilitating play as well as embedding key maths, science and language curriculum concepts, children will be drawn to this appealing and intriguing collection and be engaged for long periods of time....Read More >
Our comprehensive Dry Sand Resource Collection for 4-5yrs enables children to develop a deep understanding of maths, science and language concepts. As they investigate and explore the properties of dry sand and how it moves and flows, children will discover new sensory experiences, explore known materials, make links and act out experiences as well as explore shape, space and quantity.
This substantial Dry Sand Resource Collection for 4- 5yrs will facilitate children’s play as well as begin to support key curriculum concepts, making it an essential addition to your classroom or setting. Including buckets, scoops and rakes which teach similarity and difference, shape and space, a sand wheel and funnels which teach speed and flow, force and direction, as well as small world vehicles and people, snakes, desert animals and natural materials which teach asking questions, describing materials – properties and expressing emotions, this fascinating range of resources will be favoured by many young children. As well as these key curriculum concepts, our Dry Sand Resource Collection for 4- 5yrs also encourages the development of problem solving skills, co-ordination and control of objects and materials as well as imaginative play and story making.
This Dry Sand Resource Collection 4-5yrs includes:
- Sand Wheel, approx.30cm
- Set of Buckets and Sieves, includes 4 plastic yellow buckets in mini, small, medium and large with carry handles, and 3 plastic sieves
- Set of 3 Transparent Funnels includes approx. 7.5cm, 9.5cm and 13cm graded funnels
- Set of 3 Graded Jugs includes, 50ml, 100ml and 250ml capacities
- Set of 2 Clear Tubing, each approx. 1mtr x 1cm Dia
- Set of Plastic Rakes, Spades, Scoops and Trowels includes, 15cm,24cm Rakes and hand rake; 2 20cm Spades, a sand trowel and 2 plastic round scoops with holes
- Set of Scoops and Spoons includes 1 large wooden scoop, 1 approx. 30cm wooden spoon and a set of 4 metal scoops
- Set of Plastic People includes 10 mini plastic figures
- Set of Vehicles includes 10 plastic mini vehicles
- Set of Small Wooden Wall Pieces includes 3 pieces
- Set of Small World Sand Play Animals including kangaroos, ostriches, land tortoise, a sitting and a standing meerkat and a set of mini snakes and lizards
- Set of Natural Materials includes natural stones approx. 2kg, 6 Austriarca pine cones, 7 Taru pods, approx. 100g of wooden discs and a Set of Shells, includes approx. 15 shells
- Please note – Weight, quantity, size and appearance may vary for all natural materials
- Suitable for age 3 and over
View our latest Get Equipped Indoors 3-5yrs Brochure for more ideas so you can fully equip your classroom.
*Variations – Many of our resources are produced in a variety of colours and styles and may vary slightly from those shown, however we guarantee that you will always receive the same quality and value*
**Please note product code RCDSr replaces the old product code IDRCDSR from June 2021.**