Dry Sand Resource Collection 4-5yrs
This ready-made Dry Sand Resource Collection 4-5yrs for dry sand enables children to develop a deep understanding of: Maths, Science and Language....Read More >
This ready-made Dry Sand Resource Collection 4-5yrs for dry sand enables children to develop a deep understanding of: Maths – the buckets, scoops and rakes chosen in different sizes and shapes can be displayed to highlight similarities and differences to encourage children to order and compare. Science – the sand wheel, funnels, tubing and sieves provide a number of opportunities to investigate how sand moves and what effects its speed, flow and direction. Language – small world vehicles and people, snakes, desert animals and natural materials are included for exploring scenarios, and also telling and re-telling stories.
For more Dry Sand resources take a look at the Complete Dry Sand Area 4-5yrs.
Our Dry Sand Resource Collection 4-5yrs includes the following
- Set of Buckets – including small 11cm, medium square and large 2.5ltr yellow buckets. These buckets can used to collect sand, build structures and also used with our sieves.
- Sand Wheel – 30cm. This Sand Wheel, measuring 30cm in height, is robust, colourful and will also encourage mathematical and scientific thinking. Watch the sand gently fill the compartments of this wheel before it begins to turn and tip.
- Set of Sieves – set of 3 including small, square and large yellow sieve with handles.
- Graded Funnels – 7.5cm, 9.5cm and 13cm Funnels – In three sizes, so children can experiment with how to gauge filling and emptying containers
- Set of Jugs – 50ml, 100ml and 250ml jugs – Pouring from one to another, filling and emptying. These jugs with spout help children make these actions smoothly.
- Rakes, Scoops and Spades– 15cm Rake, 24cm Rake, 20cm Spade, 25cm Spade and Round Yellow Scoop with Holes. Children can explore pattern making in the sand with rakes and, scoops and spades so they can investigate how sand moves and moulds.
- Set of Vehicles – 7cm. A set of 7 vehicles including diggers, dumper trucks and fire engines.
- Set of 10 People – Add our set of 10 people to encourage children in small world play.
- Natural Materials – including wood pieces, discs and elephant ears.
- Set of Natural Stones – 2kg. Smooth and cool to the touch, this selection of pebbles gives children a different aspect of natural materials to investigate.
- Set of Pine Cones – Set of 6 Austriarca pine cones. Pine cones are a great resource to add to the scenery of many wild habitats.
- Hot Climate Animals Set EYFS – Children will relish retelling stories about Desert animals and will soon be able to invent their own stories. Including well known hot climate animals; Kangaroo, Camel, Ostrich, Snakes and Meerkat.
- Set of Tubing – 2 x 1m pieces of clear tubing (10mm diameter).
View our latest Get Equipped Indoors 2 -7 yrs brochure for ideas on how to fully equip your classroom.