Dry Sand Resource Collection 2-3yrs
Our Dry Sand Resource Collection 2-3yrs will engage children in a wealth of imaginative and mathematical thinking. Scoops, bowls and spoons promote investigation and problem solving. We’ve also included a selection of egg cups, sieves, shells and trays, along with bowls made using natural materials....Read More >
Our Dry Sand Resource Collection 2-3yrs will engage children in a wealth of imaginative and mathematical thinking. Scoops, bowls and spoons promote investigation and problem solving. We’ve also included a selection of egg cups, sieves, shells and trays, along with bowls made using natural materials.
Dry sand, both natural and coloured, has a wonderful sensory quality. Young children can move, hold and pour it with such ease that it captures and sustains their interest for long periods of time. By offering a wide variety of everyday, wooden and natural objects children become captivated by how to manipulate sand – how to pour sand through, onto and into objects as well as how to fill and empty containers using spoons and scoops of different shapes and sizes.
For more Dry Sand resources take a look at the Complete Dry Sand Area 2-3yrs.
Our Dry Sand Resource Collection 2-3yrs includes the following
- Set of 3 olivewood bowls – small, medium and large.
- Serving buckets – 2 x small, 1 x mini. Made from durable metal with easy to carry handles.
- Sugar spoon x 2, L12cm. Ideal for transporting and pouring sand.
- Set of 2 olivewood spoons with holes. Perfect for teaching children about the movement and flow of sand.
- Set of 4 metal scoops – in assorted sizes.
- Moulds x 2, holds 100ml. Ideal for making new moulds and formations in the sand and also for carrying and transporting.
- Assorted shells x 9 – set contains 3 variations so children can create their own scenes.
- Set of beech wood bowls – 2 x large, 1 x medium, 1 x small.
- Set of 2 sieves – ideal for pouring and distributing sand.
- Mixing bowl – holds 0.5L – ideal for mixing and pouring resources.
- Mini loaf tins – x 2 – enhance your dry sand area with these metal tins which also allow children to role play baking.
- Egg tray and muffin tray – can be used to teach children about volume.
- Set of 4 scoops – 2 x medium, 2 x small. Made from natural wood.
- Set of 12 assorted egg cups in various shapes and sizes.
- Set of wooden spoons – L20cm.
- Scoop spoon – easy to hold and also great for holding and transporting sand.
View our latest Get Equipped Indoors 2 -7 yrs brochure for ideas on how to fully equip your classroom.