Complete Wet Sand Area 4-5yrs
The open-ended nature of this natural material makes the complete wet sand area 4-5yrs a favourite place to play for many children. They will enjoy the challenge of moving and moulding the sand into different shapes and forms, making impressions and patterns and playing imaginatively with this complete wet sand area 4-5yrs....Read More >
Establishing a well resourced complete wet sand area 4-5yrs allows children to experience the properties of sand and to explore the comparison between size and shape using sand tools, beakers and containers. Additionally, the selection of vehicles, people, small world animals and natural materials brings exciting opportunities for re-creating familiar events and re-telling stories.
The open-ended nature of this natural material makes the complete wet sand area 4-5yrs a favourite place to play for many children. They will enjoy the challenge of moving and moulding the sand into different shapes and forms, making impressions and patterns and playing imaginatively with this complete wet sand area 4-5yrs. By using a variety of buckets, graduated beakers and sand moulds, children can experience the properties of sand and compare size and shape. Scoops and rakes create interesting surface patterns. Small world brings exciting opportunities for re-creating familiar events.
Our Complete Wet Sand Area 4-5yrs includes the following:
- High-level Shelving Unit – Wing back.
- Set of Buckets – Small, medium and large 2.5ltr bucket
- Set of Capacity Beakers – Set of 4 capacity beakers – Children will investigate the properties that wet sand has with this set, using both science and maths skills.
- Set of Stacking Cubes – Set of 8 graduated stacking cubes in a range of colours and sizes.
- Set of Rakes & Spades – Explore pattern making in the sand with rakes and spades. How does wet sand move and mould?
- Set of Scoops and Trowels – Ideal for making new moulds and formations. In the sand this set makes the possibilities endless.
- Set of Vehicles – Set of 3 vehicles including a tractor, tipper and dumper truck – Our digging and dumping vehicles work will with wet sand as children create their own scenes.
- Set of Mixed Rocks – In different colours, shapes and sizes, rocks are a natural addition to wet sand play and scene setting.
- Set of Wild Animals – This set features children’s favourite and recognisable wild animals and their babies including an Elephant, Tiger, Lion, Zebra and Giraffe. Wild animals will stimulate expression of language, sounds and speaking in character.
- Set of Dinosaurs – A favourite with all children, this set of 6 dinosaurs will be irresistible. Children will love adding these to enhance their stories.
- Set of Willow Sticks
- Set of Wooden Blocks & Logs
- Mopani Wood Piece – Real wooden pieces are just the place to hide within or behind and add that extra realistic detail to the landscape.
- White Cobbles
- Bag of Coloured Rock
View our latest Indoor & Outdoor Essentials brochure for inspiration on how to fully equip your classroom.