Complete Wet Sand Area 3-4yrs
Prices From: $654.89
A wet sand area can be a favourite place to play – children are fascinated by the tactile ability to shape and mould wet sand. By providing a variety of buckets, beakers, sand tools and natural materials, children can make comparisons between size and shape....Read More >
The Complete Wet Sand Area 3-4yrs can be a favourite place to play – children are fascinated by the tactile ability to shape and mould wet sand. By providing a variety of buckets, beakers, sand tools and natural materials, children can make comparisons between size and shape as well as opening up opportunities for storytelling and imaginative play.
Exploring, moulding and moving wet sand holds a fascination for many children. Flattening sand and smoothing it to make impressions is a pleasurable experience that supports young children’s early mark making. Vehicles, people, natural materials and animals also encourage imaginative play and storytelling. Our Complete Wet Sand Area 3-4yrs will engage children in a wealth of imaginative and mathematical thinking. Pipes, tubes and measures promote investigation and problem solving. We’ve also included a selection of boats, helicopters, people and sea creatures, along with natural materials for storytelling.
Our Complete Wet Sand Area 3-4yrs includes the following
- Mid-level Shelving Unit – Wing back.
Wet Sand Resource Collection
- Set of Buckets – Small 11cm and large 2.5ltr red buckets.
- Set of Capacity Beakers – Set of 4 capacity beakers – Children will investigate the properties that wet sand has with this set, using both science and maths skills.
- Stacking Cubes – Set of 8 graduated stacking cubes in a range of colours and sizes.
- Set of Rakes & Spades – 15cm Rake, 24cm Rake, 20cm Spade and 25cm Spade. Children can explore pattern making in the sand with rakes and spades and investigate how wet sand moves and moulds.
- Scoops and Trowels – 15cm Red Scoop and Red Sand Trowel. Ideal for making new moulds and formations in the sand, this set makes the possibilities endless.
- Set of 10 People – Add our set of 10 people to encourage children in small world play.
- Set of Vehicles – Set of 3 vehicles including a tractor, tipper and dumper truck – Our digging and dumping vehicles work will with wet sand as children create their own scenes.
- Dinosaurs – A favourite with all children, this set of 6 dinosaurs will be irresistible. Children love adding these to enhance their stories and stimulate their expression of language, sounds and speaking in character.
- Set of Natural Materials – Willow sticks, wooden blocks, logs and natural stones. These natural materials are a great storytelling enhancement so children can build homes or settings for their small world figures.
- Mopani Wood Piece – Real wooden pieces are just the place to hide within or behind and add that extra realistic detail to the landscape.
- Set of Shells – Set of shells including cone shells, Japanese land snail shells, strawberry troca shells and tiger cowrie shells. These beautifully patterned shells can be used to set a lovely beach scene.
- Set of Pine Cones – Set of 6 Austriarca pine cones – Pine cones are also a great resource to add to the scenery of many wild habitats.
- 1 x Red A5 Plastic Tray – 25 x 18.5 x 6.5cm
- 4 x Red 1.5L Plastic Storage Boxes – 17 x 13.5 x 10.5 cm
- 2 x Red 7.5L Plastic Storage Boxes – 17.5 x 28 x 22.5cm
View our latest Get Equipped Indoors 2 -7 yrs brochure for ideas on how to fully equip your classroom.