Complete Small World Area 4-5yrs
This complete small world area 4-5yrs offers lifelike resources that connect with the real world, children are able to represent the people and places familiar to them, acting out narratives through the characters, reflecting on events in their lives....Read More >
Small world play enriches language and is a fantastic resource so children can use their imagination to explore the world around them. This complete small world area 4-5yrs offers lifelike resources so children can connect with the real world. Children are able to represent people and places familiar to them and act out narratives through characters. By adding fantasy characters into our complete small world area 4-5yrs, children are able to delve into their imagination. Royal figures, mystical creatures, pirates and also superheroes all come to life as children engage in rich and sophisticated storytelling.
Small world play develops language skills with characters and props to stimulate ideas so they can improve vocabulary, story and narrative. It also promotes maths as children build towers, forts and buildings learning about shape, tessellation and symmetry.
Fantastic for small world resources, the top shelf of this unit is ideal for displaying special resources and books. The lower shelves are also great to access characters and blocks.
Our Complete Small World Area 4-5yrs includes the following:
- High-level Shelving Unit – Wing back
Small World Resource Collection
- Set of Wooden Arches– Made of high-quality solid wood, these arches are a great addition to small world fantasy scenes.
- Large Tower with Door– This large wooden tower is available with an opening wooden door so it’s just the right size for our characters.
- Wooden Wall Pieces
- Farm Animals– Farm animals from stories and rhymes encourage children to story and add their own sounds and ideas, expanding language.
- Fantasy Characters– Fairies, Kings and Queens appear in so many stories familiar to children so they can narrate play and expand further.
- Magical Creatures– Fantasy small world play allows children to venture into their imaginations and story with mystical creatures like unicorns, a phoenix or a dragon.
- Set of People– This set of eight characters will help children to act out familiar scenarios.
- 12 Mirror Blocks– A set of 12 blocks which have mirrors to one side – also a perfect accessory for small world superhero or fantasy play.
- Set of People Who Help– A selection of three people who young children will be familiar with helping us in our daily lives including farmers and a vet.
- Vehicles Set– Children love to roll vehicles around the towns and structures they have made. These vehicles have been selected for the size and excellent quality.
- Set of Pirates– Children will love this set of pirates, complete with a treasure chest and cannon.
- Set of Jumps and Fences– These wooden fences can be used to line the fields and also as jumps for the horses.
- Barriers, Warning Signs and Road Signs– Warning! Construction site ahead! Look out for barriers and dangers signs, these barriers and signs will add an extra dimension to your classroom.
- Set of Horses and Riders– Watch as children set up show-jumping events and see how well, or badly the riders and horses do.
- 12 Coloured Blocks– Building with different and colourful shapes also adds a new dimension to children’s storytelling.
- Set of Pets – Children will enjoy feeding, walking and cleaning these animals.
- Set of Board Pieces– Board pieces help children to make buildings and landscapes of their own designs.
- Large Tree Blocks Set– 36 piece set. Perfect for forest scenery, or fairy houses. These real wooden pieces with bark come in a mixed bag of all shapes and sizes.
- Basic Medium Blocks– 56 piece set. Children love to build large structures from small blocks, so they can make their buildings more complex each time.
Small World Storage Pack 4-5yrs
View our latest Indoor & Outdoor Essentials brochure for inspiration on how to fully equip your classroom.