Complete Science Area 4-5yrs
This ready-made complete science area 4-5yrs will evoke a sense of awe and wonder about the phenomena in our world. Tapping into children’s innate curiosity, these resources will inspire children to investigate, experiment with ideas, hypothesize and reach their own conclusions. Key concepts of cause and effect, similarities and differences are taught and the magical qualities of materials, force and light are revealed.......read more...Read More >
This ready-made complete science area 4-5yrs will evoke a sense of awe and wonder about the phenomena in our world. Tapping into children’s innate curiosity, these resources will inspire children to investigate, experiment with ideas, hypothesize and reach their own conclusions. Key concepts of cause and effect, similarities and differences are taught and the magical qualities of materials, force and light are revealed. Young children will be fascinated by the resources and all of the possibilities they offer for enquiry and will become fully engaged in learning about physical science – a great way to inspire the researchers and inventors of the future.
This complete science area 4-5yrs has key opportunities for learning and development; Honing fine motor skills by handling different tools and materials. Developing an understanding of cause and effect, similarities, differences, patterns and changes. Exploring natural phenomena of the physical world and developing theories. Acquiring new language – discussing how things happen and why things work.
Our Complete Science Area 4-5yrs includes the following:
- High-level Shelving Unit – Velcro Display Back
Colour & Light
- Coloured Paddles – set of 12 – 150mm – transparent colour paddles in a range of colours will enable children to experiment with colour changes as well as with light.
- Set of 2 Kaleidoscopes – small kaleidoscope, large kaleidoscope. Beautiful patterns and colours are clear through these wonderful kaleidoscopes in different designs.
- Kaleidoscope Glasses x 4 – this set of bright, vibrant kaleidoscope glasses will excite children as they watch as people, products and settings turn into interesting patterns and shapes.
- Set of Mirage Scopes x 4 – Small mirage scopes offer a different view of light.
- Set of Glitter Sticks x 5
- Set of Mini Telescopes – Set of 4 Mini telescopes in a range of colours. Small but mightily clear over distance, these handy mini telescopes will impress curious minds.
- Set of 6 Mirrors – 2 x square mirrors, 2 x round mirrors and 2 x rectangular mirrors. Mirrors interest age groups of children from being very young. This set supplies different shapes and hand-held sizes.
- Set of Oil Timers – 4 x Oil timers in oval, dual colour and large. The colour, light and movement of oil timers will engage children’s curiosity.
- Set of Wand Magnets– pack of 6 – 190mm – Six plastic wand magnets in bright colours can be used in conjunction with metallic chips and magnetic marbles.
- Magnetic Marbles – pack of 20 – 15mm diameter – These magnetic marbles stick together, hang together and pull towards and away from each other. Featuring two of each colour.
- Metal Chips– 20mm – These open-ended metal chips can be used for a range of subjects including counting, sorting, currency and the steel ring around the edge of each chip means that they can be picked up by a magnet.
- Set of Mini Magnets – pack of 6 – Magnetic gemstones.
- Coloured Horseshoe Magnet – 12.5cm – This horseshoe shaped magnet is great for small groups or individual learning.
- Small Horseshoe Magnet – 75mm x 10mm – Individual chrome steel horseshoe magnet with keeper.
- Giant Horseshoe Magnet– 210mm – Powerful magnets, with North and South poles clearly marked, are housed at the ends of this impressive giant horseshoe magnet.
Things That Move
- Set of Springs – 4 x mini metallic springs and 2 x large rainbow springs. A mesmerising selection of springs in different sizes and colours which will fascinate children as they experiment with the movements.
- Set of Animal Pop-ups – 2 x animal pop ups. These animal pop ups will twist, turn as though they are dancing.
- Set of Flexi People – 1 x flexi fairy and 1 x flexi pirate. Beautifully painted characters with moveable joints. Children will investigate how whilst playing or story-telling.
- Set of Spinners – 6 x small laser spinners and 6 x large laser spinners. In different sizes and colours children will really enjoy mastering the action of spinning to watch the images change.
- Set of Pull Back Toys – including 2 x racing cars, 1 x train and 1 x mouse. Children can race these pull back toys against each other and see who wins!
- Set of Magnifiers x 3 – Large Magnifiers 23 cm long, 8 cm diameter. Children will enjoy sharing their ideas as they work together with our set of three magnifiers.
- Set of Trays – 3 x Square Balconneire Trays, 1 x Small 30cm, 1 x Medium 35cm and 1 x Large 40cm. This set of three green trays are an ideal way to separate out investigations with magnets and other objects along with sand.
View our latest Indoor & Outdoor Essentials brochure for inspiration on how to fully equip your classroom.