Complete Maths Area
In KS1 children need opportunities to develop their mathematical reasoning across all areas of the curriculum.This Complete Maths Area offers a rich variety of opportunities to develop fluency, mathematical reasoning and approach problem solving in imaginative ways....Read More >
In KS1 children need opportunities to develop their mathematical reasoning across all areas of the curriculum. A carefully planned maths area provides them with the resources they need to consolidate their knowledge and understanding. This Complete Maths Area offers a rich variety of opportunities to develop fluency, mathematical reasoning and approach problem solving in imaginative ways.
For older children exploring number, space, shape and measure through hands on, open-ended activities and games brings maths to life. Although challenging to get right, a carefully planned complete maths area provides a wide range of interesting, natural resources to sort, match, order and compare as well as lots of equipment to learn about number through games, rhymes and songs – experiences that lay down strong foundations for later learning.
Our Complete Maths Area includes the following:
- 2 x Mid Level Shelving Units with Whiteboards
- Tagua Beads – Beautiful colours and shapes in this tactile bead set, perfect for counting and sorting. A great open-ended resource which can enhance maths play in your complete maths area.
- Maths Games Collection – Set of Dice & Spinners and 3 x Games boards. With this great set of maths resources, you will be able to design any number of simple games. It includes a whiteboard for recording and tallying, a good set of dice and spinners along with a games board to support moving and counting.
- Set of Meghoni Slices and Set of Mixed Shells – These natural materials are the perfect open-ended resource for your classroom. Their unusual patterns and shapes will excite children as they count and sort.
- Set of Number Cards & Signs – Set of green and blue maths Signs ( + – x / = ) and number cards 0-10.
- Set of Bean Bags – 7cm per bean bag – Counting in 5’s, Counting in 10’s and Number beanbags. These counting bean bags are perfect for teaching number sequences. All sets include a cotton string storage bag.
- Giant A4 Calculator and book stand – 300 x 210mm – This multifunction calculator is ideal for introducing basic maths operation to children. Its giant size enables easy function for little fingers.
- Calculating Sticks – 24 x 1.2 x 2.3 cm – This set offers a rich range of opportunities to number, size and position so children can sort, count, order and line up these materials. Our colourful calculating sticks help children visualise numbers and results in a broader sense, opening-up the world of numbers playfully.
- Set of Dowling – 15 x 25cm (8mm), 15 x 20cm (8mm), 20 x 10cm (8mm). In three sizes, these wooden dowling’s are perfect for children to sort by size.
- Set of Mini Whiteboard Markers in red, blue, green and black. These short whiteboard pens are available in 4 colours and have been designed especially for use with our boards.
- 6 x A4 Multiplication Square Whiteboard – 12 x 12 multiplication square on one side, a blank 13 x 13 grid on the reverse.
- Set of Square Seagrass Baskets – 5 x Small Seagrass Baskets, 3 x Medium Seagrass Baskets, 2 x Large Seagrass Baskets
- 1 x A4 Rectangular Seagrass Basket
- 1 x Transparent Short Plastic Pot
- Litre Bottles Measurement Set –Set of 4 – 2 litre, 1 litre, 500ml and 250ml bottles. These translucent plastic bottles provide concrete representations of liquid capacity measures. The durable, seal-able bottles mimic familiar water bottle shapes so are perfect for children learning their units measures.
- Perspex Measure Set –Set of 5 – 4 x 1 litre containers in a range of shapes including cylinder, flat cylinder, cube and rectangle and 1 x 500ml cylinder. These containers all include clearly marked measures so they are easy to read.
- Set of Mini Sand Timers – Set of 3 timers – 90mm x 25mm – 1 minute, 3 minute and 5 minute. Robust colour co-ordinated sand timers giving accurate interval times for individual pupil use. Ideal for use in maths, science and timed literacy activities.
- Stopwatch – 7cm – Easy to use stopwatch, large digital display shows minutes, seconds and 1/1000 seconds. Chunky design is ideal for small hands and simple three button function: green for go, red for stop and yellow for clear.
- Digital Timer – 65 x 65 x 13mm – Dual power functionality so it is always charged and ready to go. This digital timer can be used for counting, games and also many other hands free activities.
- Lorus Time Teacher – 9 x 9 x 6.4cm – Designed to help children learn to tell the time, this clock has an easy to read dial with hours, minutes and quarter/half marks around the dial. The dial is also split into two to show ‘past’ and ‘to’ the hour.
- Glitter Wand – 40 x 8.5 x 7 cm – Children can watch the beautiful patterns and colours intertwine with this glitter wand and time how long the glitter takes to get from one end to the other.
- Tape Measure – 2 x Blue – 1m x 30mm – Chunky and easy to hold with bold 1cm and 10cm markings. Made in flexible, non-stretch and washable material.
- Metal Rule – 30cm rule – 33.5 x 4 x 0.2 cm full dimensions. Rugged rules made of stainless steel, Suitable for clean straight cuts on leather, cardboard, paper, thin wood etc. This practical set will guide children with measurements, also encouraging maths work.
- Set of Tape Measures – 2 x 150cm yellow metric tape measures. Full dimensions 8.5 x 5.5 x 1.5 cm. A set of tape measures for children to measure in pairs.
- Wind Up Tape 10m – Marked in centimetres and millimetres on one side and inches on the reverse. Winds back into sturdy case. Supports maths measurement, personal development – collaborative play, communication and language.
- 3 x Wooden Centimetre Ruler
- Set of Spring Balances – includes 0.5kg, 1kg, 2kg and 3kg spring balances. In addition to weighing suspended objects, these spring balances can also measure the force of pushing or pulling an object by using the extended rod. They are colour coded, calibrated in grams and Newtons and have a clear flat area on the rod where you can write your own scales.
- Coloured Translucent Shapes – Largest shape measures 5cm. Includes 14 different geometric shapes including hexagon, trapezium, rhombus, circle, triangle and square. The translucent properties allow these shapes to be placed on top of one another or paired together to create new shapes.
- Set of Oil Timers 1 x Round Large – 150 x 50mm, 1 x Dual Colour 130 x 95mm – Clear sensory liquid timer contains colourful mineral oil and water. The set will captivate and fascinate children and are an ideal resource for quiet focus, as well as inspiring curiosity, developing creative language and understanding simple scientific principles.
- Measuring Balance – 1 litre measuring balance – Includes: Metal mass set (1 x 50g, 2 x 20g, 2 x 10g, 2 x 5g, 2 x 2g, 2 x 1g), Plastic mass set (2 x 20g, 4 x 10g, 8 x 5g). Graduated clear buckets with lids which act as small containers for measuring.
- Red Novo Scale – 27 x 27 x 16.2 cm – 5kg stainless steel kitchen scales with large removable two litre capacity bowl. Easy to read scales with measurements shown in both metric and imperial.
- Red Electronic Scales – 22 x 19 x 2 cm – 5kg stainless steel digital scales. Touch on/off button with self-lighting LCD screen. Wipe clean stainless surface.
- Set of Square Seagrass Baskets – 2 x Medium Baskets and 2 x Large Baskets.
View our latest KS1 Essentials brochure for inspiration on how to fully equip your classroom.