Complete Maths Area 2-3yrs
This ready-made Complete Maths Area 2-3yrs is displayed accessibly on a shelving unit. Although challenging to get right, a carefully planned maths area provides a wide range of interesting, natural resources for children to sort, match, order and compare....Read More >
This ready-made Complete Maths Area 2-3yrs is displayed accessibly on a shelving unit. Although challenging to get right, a carefully planned maths area provides a wide range of interesting, natural resources for children to sort, match, order and compare as well as lots of equipment for them to learn about number through games, rhymes and songs.
Young children are fascinated by the feel of natural objects and keen to explore their similarities and differences. For younger learners this extensive discovery collection of wooden objects, scarves, boxes and baskets offers a rich range of opportunities to explore shape, size and position as children sort, order, line-up, hide and cover the objects and materials.
This complete maths area 2-3yrs is stocked with resources to encourage discussion about size, shape and quantity – building a great range of vocabulary. Games boards, dice and number lines provide opportunities for number recognition. Exploring number, space, shape and measure through hands on, open-ended activities and games brings maths to life. Sorting, matching, ordering and comparing as well as lots of equipment to learn about number through games, rhymes and songs will challenge young minds. With encouragement and support, children will soon know how to use the resources independently and become engaged in meaningful experiences that lay down strong foundations for later learning.
Our Complete Maths Area 2-3yrs includes the following
- Low-level Shelving Unit
- Cardboard boxes – in round and square graduated sizes.
- Set of 3 baskets – use for counting, sorting and also storing resources.
- Set of Coloured Eggs – 5 x red, 5 x green, 5 x blue. Perfect for counting and sorting.
- Five frames sorting tray – x3 – reinforce early maths skills including counting, sorting, number patterns, addition, subtraction.
- Set of Graduated Nesting Boxes – These colourful patterned boxes are also ideal for sorting or storage.
- Scarves – including 6 patterned scarves and 6 plain sheer scarves.
- Set of Wooden Objects – 12 x small spools, 12 x small cubes, 6 x large cubes, 4 x wooden reels. 6 x small discs with hole, 6 x small discs, 12 x wooden Semispheres. 12 x curved rings, 6 x carved barrels, 5 x wooden egg cups, 5 x egg cups with stands.
- Wooden rings – 6 x small 85mm, 6 x medium 100mm, and 6 x large 115mm wooden rings.
- Wooden Stand
- 2 x Medium Woven Basket
- 2 x Large Woven Basket
View our latest Indoor & Outdoor Essentials brochure for inspiration on how to fully equip your classroom.