Complete Life Cycles Resource Collection
Our Complete Life Cycles Resource Collection includes attractive and informative resources which effectively support this area of learning by providing opportunities to correctly order and describe the process and to make comparisons between the stages of development of different plants and animals.......read more...Read More >
Understanding that all animals and plants grow and change is a key element of study when learning about the natural world. Our Complete Life Cycles Resource Collection includes attractive and informative resources which effectively support this area of learning by providing opportunities to correctly order and describe the process and to make comparisons between the stages of development of different plants and animals. Our range of life cycles books further enhance this as children are introduced to some of the more unusual life-cycles of animals such as sharks, spiders and snakes.
Including both small world life cycles such as Life Cycle of a Ladybird and magnetic life cycles including Giant Magnetic Plant Life Cycle, children are open to a range of teaching opportunities as they have the ability to both visualise these resources on a larger scale and have hands on experiences with these small world resources.
Our Complete Life Cycles Resource Collection includes the following:
- Life Cycle of a Chicken – Bright yellow baby chicks are as cute as can be, but in only a few days, they begin losing their feathers and transitioning to adulthood. These figures show the process, right up to the 7.6cm-tall adult chicken. Suitable for ages 4+.
- Life Cycle of a Turtle – Although these figures are dark green, sea turtles can also be brown, grey, or olive. The adult figure is 9cm long and suitable for ages 4+.
- Life Cycle of a Frog – These lifelike, soft figures show the shifting shades of a frog, complete with the 5cm-long adult. Suitable for ages 4+.
- Life Cycle of a Butterfly – The newly emerged caterpillars are black, white, and yellow, a stark contrast with the emerald chrysalis that follows. The finest colours, however, are reserved for the adult monarch butterfly, which is 9cm long from wingtip to wingtip.
- Life Cycle of a Bee – Hardworking honeybees rapidly transition through their life cycle, with only 21 days from egg to adulthood. These realistically sculpted figures allow a peek inside the hive. This adult figure is 7.5cm long and suitable for ages 4+.
- Life Cycle of a Ladybird – The insect goes through the four stages of metamorphosis, hatching from an egg to become a voracious larva, then forming a pupa from which the colourful ladybird emerges. The bright red and black adult ladybird figure is 6.4cm wide and suitable for ages 4+.
- Life Cycle of a Green Bean – A side view shows a single green bean seed sprout the roots that will seek out nutrients, followed days later by the stem and leaves that will reach toward the sun for energy. The plant is 9cm tall and is suitable for ages 4+.
- Giant Magnetic Life Cycles – 20 x 20cm – These realistically detailed giant whiteboard magnets bring life cycle demonstration to life. The pieces are wipe clean for labelling purposes:
- Giant Magnetic Plant Life Cycle – including life cycles of an apple tree and bean plant.
- Giant Magnetic Frog Life Cycle
- Giant Magnetic Butterfly Life Cycle
View our latest Get Set for Investigations 3-7yrs brochure for inspiration on how to fully equip your classroom.