Complete Construction Area 5-7yrs
Our Complete Construction Area consists of highly creative, open-ended resources that will secure a high level of engagement and ensure that your children have the opportunity to develop each of these aspects of learning....Read More >
Our Complete Construction Area consists of highly creative, open-ended resources that will secure a high level of engagement and ensure that your children have the opportunity to develop each of these aspects of learning. Opportunities for children to record their ideas and display their designs as they progress, can easily be incorporated into their play.
The national curriculum for Design and Technology requires that children design, make and evaluate products and that they also develop the technical knowledge required to build structures and mechanisms. Many children become skilled builders and find innovative ways to represent their ideas. Encouraging them to support each other is a good way to share skills and provide opportunities for collaboration.
Our Complete Construction Area includes the following:
- Brio Builder Set – This Brio Builder Set offers a new challenge for skilled builders. It uses screws and bolts so you can fix pieces together and axles to connect the wheels. Including nuts, bolts, blocks, wheels, handles and also wooden parts. This set has everything that little builders may need so they can construct and create vehicles of their choice.
- Hape Creative Construction Kit – This great 80-piece Flexistix starter kit contains red bamboo sticks in a range of sizes and bendy orange connectors to create your own creations. This new innovative kit is eco-friendly, made from sustainable bamboo, silicone and water based paint. The resource set also encourages creative thinking and active construction with these easy-to-connect sticks.
- Hape Creativity Kit – 133-piece set featuring red bamboo sticks in a range of sizes as well as blue flexible connectors. Build a variety of shapes and structures with this fun Flexistix kit. Bamboo sticks and flexible connectors can be rearranged to make wide range of structures as well as mechanisms. This new innovative kit is also eco-friendly, made from sustainable bamboo, silicone and water based paint. The resource set encourages creative thinking and active construction with these easy-to-connect sticks.
- Set of Spacers and End Caps – These resources are a perfect addition to your construction area. The black spacers and white end caps fit tightly on our wooden Dowling’s. Can also be used to space wheels and sit at the edges of our Dowling’s to avoid our wheels falling off. Children will love to create vehicles with these open-ended resources.
- Set of Wooden Rules – 30cm.
- Set of Wooden Photo holders.
- Rainbow Threading Laces – assorted in colour. Vibrant, colourful laces for threading through our jumbo beads or weaving in and out.
- Set of Whiteboard Pens – Set of four mini whiteboard pens in red, black, blue and green – use with our square grid whiteboards.
- Square Grid Whiteboard – Children can use these gridded whiteboards to draw buildings and structures from their imagination as well as drawing the structures they create.
- Set of Dowling – 20 x 25cm (8mm), 20 x 20cm (8mm). Our wooden dowels fit tightly on our wheels, enabling children to build vehicle, they can also use with our flexi connectors to create interesting structures.
- Set of Jumbo Beads – This set of clear jumbo lacing beads come in a range of bright, vibrant colours. Use with our rainbow lacing beads to thread so children can create exciting creations. Their see through properties allow children to thread with ease so their jumbo size is perfect for little fingers.
Construction Storage Collection
- 3 x Transparent A5 Plastic Tray
- 1 x Transparent A4 Plastic Tray
- 7 x Transparent 1.5L Plastic Box
- 1 x Transparent Tall Plastic Pot
- 2 x Transparent Short Plastic Pot
View our latest KS1 Essentials brochure for inspiration on how to fully equip your classroom.