Colour & Light Resource Collection
The colour and light collection offers a range of geometric shapes, kaleidoscopes, acrylic shapes and colour paddles that inspire pattern mixing, exploration and tessellation. Igniting curiosity, testing theories, creating patterns and artwork are all enabled with these inviting resources....Read More >
Opportunities for exploration of colour, light and pattern are key in children’s early years development. Igniting curiosity, testing theories, creating patterns and artwork are all enabled with these Colour & Light Collection resources. The colour and light collection offers a range of geometric shapes, kaleidoscopes, acrylic shapes and also colour paddles that inspire pattern mixing, exploration and tessellation.
This highly appealing collection of open-ended resources encourage experimentation with colour, shade, light and shadow. Paired with our interactive light board, these materials will also be enhanced. Children will learn about physical science and art in addition to developing their mathematical thinking. They will learn the names of these coloured geometric shapes, build patterns and sequences with our translucent acrylic blocks as they develop their motor skills through collaborative play and understanding the world.
Our Colour & Light Collection includes the following
- Acrylic Blocks – Set of 4 – polished translucent acrylic blocks. Regular polygons to help with mathematical language and the understanding of shapes and forms. Including square, triangle and circle along with irregular shapes to enable more complex pictures to be made such as wave, zigzag and arches.
- Coloured Paddles – set of 3 – 150mm – transparent colour paddles in a range of colours will enable children to experiment with colour changes as well as with light.
- Set of 3 Kaleidoscopes – small kaleidoscope, turning end kaleidoscope and colour mirage scope. Beautiful patterns and colours are clear through these wonderful kaleidoscopes in different designs.
- Kaleidoscope Glasses – this set of bright, vibrant kaleidoscope glasses. Excite children as they watch people, products and settings turn into interesting patterns and shapes.
- Geometric Shapes – 3cm-6cm – transparent 3D plastic shapes in attractive colours provide a concrete way to explore geometry and volume. Removable bases allow for relating 2D shapes to 3D solids.
View our latest KS1 Essentials brochure for inspiration on how to fully equip your classroom.