A YSP Partnership Event – Look, Connect, Create: Exploring Sculpture & Creativity 3-7yrs
This unique partnership event brings together the knowledge of highly experienced artists with the expertise of Early Excellence to create a truly engaging day focused on raising the profile and impact for learning of children’s creative thinking.
The day takes place at the highly-renown Yorkshire Sculpture Park with activities taking place beneath the trees in YSP’s ‘Hidden Forest’ – an outdoor creative space specifically designed for young children.
It provides you with an amazing opportunity to explore contemporary art and creativity outdoors and will enable you to gain confidence and learn innovative ways to engage young children with contemporary sculpture.
- Explore how a well-planned environment becomes a powerful learning environment for nurturing children’s creativity, wellbeing and deep-level learning;
- Think in depth about how the characteristics of effective learning and critical skills such as language for thinking, can be supported through art and creativity
- Gain an understanding of how to support children’s sculptural play and how experimentation supports meaning making;
- Understand how installation, sound, light and materials can translate to your environment and be embedded in your curriculum;
- Consider how to incorporate greater opportunities for art-making and creativity, especially in the outdoors.
Don’t miss this opportunity to develop new and innovative ideas, share strategies and experiment alongside Early Excellence, the YSP Creative Learning Team and your professional peers.
Please Note: The day will begin with a walk through the sculpture park so do come dressed for the outdoors.
Venue / Dates
Yorkshire Sculpture Park, Monday 24th June
£175.00 (exc. VAT) per person
Book before the end of May & receive a £25 discount
9.30am – 4.00pm
Barbara Hepworth, The Family of Man, 1970. ©Bowness. Courtesy Yorkshire Sculpture Park. Photo © Jonty Wilde