Finance Assistant – Part Time
Join Early Excellence and become our next Part Time Finance Assistant
Are you looking for a role in a Finance team? Have you got previous credit control experience?
Early Excellence is a professional company with a fantastic 20-year history of supporting schools to achieve outstanding teaching and learning.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic finance professional. This post is an opportunity to utilise your finance skills within a modern business environment, where you will be supported by a great professional team culture. The role will be fast-paced where attention to detail and the ability to multi-task is essential, whilst working to tight deadlines. This permanent position is well suited to an individual that is looking to advance their career in Finance in a thriving and supportive workplace.
If you love working in a high-quality, modern office and are seeking your next exciting opportunity then Early Excellence might be just right for you.
As a Finance Assistant, you will be:
- Printing/emailing customer statements and sending these with copies of outstanding invoices every month
- Assisting the Sales Ledger Co-ordinator with credit control
- Dealing with general customer account queries/invoice issues/cheque discrepancies
- Reconciling customer and supplier accounts
- Matching and inputting purchase invoices
- Assisting in the preparation of supplier payments
- Filing, photocopying and other ad hoc duties.
- Assisting in other areas of the business if/when required
Key Experiences & Skills:
- GCSE – 5 A-Cs including English and Maths / Evidence of further qualifications
- AAT – Part or fully qualified
- Previous experience in credit control essential.
- Experience of working within a busy finance team.
- Attention to detail is key to this role.
- Time management skills and the ability to prioritise are essential.
- IT literate, with good Excel spreadsheet skills and other Microsoft office applications.
- Excellent communication skills
- Essential to work well within a team and support colleagues as required.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and discretion in all aspects.
- Driver with own car, essential – business class 1 insurance required.
Contract Type: Part time: 20 hours per week over 4 days
Salary: Between £10,000 to £11,000
Location: Elland, West Yorkshire
To apply please email covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org