Water Resource Collection
This ready-made water resource collection enables children to develop a deep understanding of: Maths – sets of graded containers, scoops, funnels, jugs and buckets for exploring volume and capacity, arranged to highlight size, order and promote comparison. Science – jugs and funnels, whisks, colanders and everyday objects with holes, tubes and pipes, as well as a water wheel for exploring forces, flow, speed and direction.......read more...Read More >
This ready-made water resource collection enables children to develop a deep understanding of: Maths – sets of graded containers, scoops, funnels, jugs and buckets for exploring volume and capacity, arranged to highlight size, order and promote comparison. Science – jugs and funnels, whisks, colanders and everyday objects with holes, tubes and pipes, as well as a water wheel for exploring forces, flow, speed and direction.
Our water resource collection has been carefully chosen to build on experiences in the EYFS and will engage children in a wealth of imaginative, investigative and mathematical thinking. Pipes, tubes and measuring containers promote investigation and problem solving – and a good selection of small world resources further inspire imaginative play and language development including a selection of boats, helicopters, people and sea creatures, along with natural materials for storytelling. To enrich this learning for older children, use a set of graduated containers with standard measures for investigating measuring and volume.
Our Water Resource Collection includes the following:
- Set of Sea Creatures – Set includes an Octopus, Bottlenose Dolphin, Killer Whale, Walrus, Sea Lion, Turtle, Great White Shark – In the deep oceans of the world, there are many different species of fish. Children can engage in story telling as they investigate water play.
- Set of Divers – Male and Female Scuba divers – Exploring the underwater world is full of excitement and wonder. What will these divers discover?
- Set of 3 Graded Jugs – 250ml, 500ml and 1L jugs – Pouring from one to another, filling and emptying. These jugs with spout help children make these actions smoothly.
- Set of 3 Graded Funnels – 7.5cm, 9.5cm, 13cm Funnels – In three different sizes, children can experiment with how to gauge filling and emptying containers.
- Set of 3 Graded Cylinders – Translucent containers for holding 100ml, 250ml and 500ml of fluid. With pouring spouts and easy stands, these graded cylinders enable children to measure fluid and pour with precision and ease.
- Set of Transparent Tubing & Baster – 2 x small clear pots, 2 x large acrylic basters, 1m transparent water play tubing – 12.7mm diameter, 1m plastic thin tubing – 19mm diameter. Children will love investigating the movement of water through these clear tubes and with squeezy basters.
- Set of Corks – Children can investigate how corks float and how they can be used within water play.
- Set of Transparent Buckets – Two sized transparent buckets in small and medium to further enhance the provision of water play.
- Set of Graded Beakers – 100ml, 250ml and 500ml – Focus on capacity play to support key areas of maths and science with this set of graded beakers.
- Set of 10 People – Add our set of 10 people to encourage children in small world play.
- Set of Mixed River Gems – Smooth and cool to the touch, this selection of pebbles gives children a different aspect of natural materials to investigate.
- Water Wheel – The water wheel is a favourite with children who will enjoy the action of pouring over the water to make the wheel turn faster.
- Set of Boats – Add to your water provision collection using small world boats in different sizes.
- Set of Fish – In the deep oceans of the world, there are many different species of fish. Here’s a set of ten if the most vibrant!
- Set of Shells – Set of shells including cone shells, Japanese land snail shells, strawberry troca shells, tiger cowrie shells and eggshell cowrie shells. These beautifully patterned shells can be used to set a lovely beach scene.
- Set of Measuring Scoops – Three sizes of scoop to further enhance the provision of water play.
- Tea Set – Plastic colourful kettle and cups.
- Collection of Metal Utensils – Stainless steel mini sieve and mini colander, metal measuring scoops and balloon whisk.
View our latest Indoor & Outdoor Essentials brochure for inspiration on how to fully equip your classroom.