Taking a Fresh Look at Woodwork – London Centre
Select Venue / Date & Number of Attendees
|Location||Start Date||Price||Stock status|
|London Centre||06/06/2017||£75||In stock|
Woodwork is hugely popular and provides a rich source of enjoyment as well as learning. The impact is profound and long term. It allows children many opportunities including expressing their imagination, problem solving and sustained perseverance with challenging tasks. The learning outcomes have been remarkable and encompass all areas of the EYFS.
This practical workshop will look at ways in which woodworking can be safely introduced in your early years settings. There will be explanations of the most suitable tools for young children and instruction on how best to use them. We will look at the most suitable woods and consider suggestions for activities, open-ended explorations and longer term projects. There will also be practical sessions for practitioners to explore the tools, gain confidence and share the experience of making creations in wood.
- Understand the value and theory of woodwork
- Understand the potential of woodwork for creativity and critical thinking
- Learn how to introduce woodwork safely, implementing an effective risk assessment
- Understand the most suitable tools for young children and how to use them
- Be confident to develop a woodworking area
£55.00 exc. VAT