Small World Resource Collection
Small world play draws children into a wonderful world of story – rich in language, it is a fantastic resource that helps them to use their imagination and explore the world around them. By offering our high quality small world resource collection that connects with the real world, children are able to represent the people ...read more...Read More >
Small world play draws children into a wonderful world of story – rich in language, it is a fantastic resource that helps them to use their imagination and explore the world around them. By offering our high quality small world resource collection that connects with the real world, children are able to represent the people and places familiar to them. In addition, fantasy characters enhance the collection for older children. They act out narratives and ideas through the characters, scenery and props and are able to reflect on and respond to the events in their lives.
Whether wild animals, royal figures, farm animals or fantasy characters – all come to life as children engage in storytelling full of rich and sophisticated plots and characters. Children will develop confidence to share ideas and talk to their peers whilst they play, learning to negotiate, share resources and co-operate as part of a group.
Our Small World Resource Collection includes the following:
- Set of Wooden Arches – Made of high-quality solid wood, these arches are a great addition to small world fantasy scenes.
- Large Tower with Door – This large wooden tower is available with an opening wooden door just the right size for our characters.
- Wooden Steps and Wooden Bridges.
- Set of Farm Animals – Farm animals recognizable from stories and rhymes encourage children to story and add their own sounds and ideas, expanding vocabulary.
- Set of Fantasy Characters – Fairies, Kings and Queens appear in so many stories familiar to children which they can narrate and expand further.
- Set of Magical Creatures – Fantasy small world play allows children to venture into their imaginations and story with mystical creatures like unicorns, a phoenix or a dragon.
- Set of British Animals – Children will relish retelling stories about British wildlife and will soon be able to invent their own stories.
- Set of Wild Animals – Wild animals will stimulate expression of language, sounds and speaking in character.
- Set of Wooden Discs – In a range of sizes from 2cm-10cm.
- Mopani Wood Piece – Real wooden pieces are just the place to hide within or behind and add that extra realistic detail to the small world landscape.
- Multicultural Family Set – Introduce children to our multicultural family set. Featuring 8 family members in a range of generations. The extra-large feet enable these high-quality figures to be free standing.
- Grass – This piece of artificial grass is perfect for children to set a scene for our British Wildlife or Farm Animals.
- Set of Fabric – Featuring a range of colours and prints to represent water, snow, sand or lava to enhance small world play.
View our latest KS1 Essentials brochure for inspiration on how to fully equip your classroom.