Complete Sand Area
Exploring, molding and moving wet sand holds a fascination for many children and by including our water sprayer in this complete sand area, it enables children to transform dry sand to wet, encouraging collaborative play through flattening sand and smoothing it to make impressions.......read more...Read More >
Dry sand, both natural and coloured, has a wonderful sensory quality. Young children can move, hold and pour it with such ease that it captures and sustains their interest for long periods of time. By offering a wide variety of everyday, wooden and natural objects in our complete sand area, children will explore how to pour sand through, onto and into objects as well as how to fill and empty containers. Exploring, molding and moving wet sand holds a fascination for many children and by including our water sprayer in this complete sand area, it enables children to transform dry sand to wet, encouraging collaborative play through flattening sand and smoothing it to make impressions. The utensils provided enables children to make a range of impressions that supports young children’s early mark making. By providing a selection of jugs, funnels, tubing and sieves, you can support children’s mathematical and scientific thinking. Combining dry sand with natural materials makes a great base for habitats for desert animals such as snakes and lizards, or a dinosaur world full of rich opportunities for storytelling.
Our Complete Sand Area includes the following:
- 1 x Mid Level Shelving Unit – Wing Back
Sand Resource Collection
- Set of Green Trays – Green Blaconniere Tray’s – 1 x 30cm and 1 x 35cm.
- Set of Wooden Egg Cups – wooden egg cups in a range of sizes and styles including round grooves, semi-sphere, barrels and baroque style wooden cups.
- Set of Metal Pattern Makers – Stainless steel ring in small and large, dariole mold
- Set of Metal Container – Serving bucket mini and serving bucket small.
- Set of Metal Utensils – Stainless steel mini sieve, mini colander, spice funnel, handle masher.
- Set of Scoops & Spoons – wavy handle Spoon, set of four graduated metal scoops, stainless steel measuring spoon set.
- Set of Wooden Utensils – Wooden Clay Tools, Bamboo Spreader
- Set of Wooden Scoops & Spoons – Olivewood sugar spoon, olivewood sugar spoon with holes, set of wooden scoops small, medium and large.
- Set of Jugs & Beakers – Set of Beakers – 25ml, 50ml and 100ml beakers. Set of 3 Measuring Jugs – 50ml Jug, 100ml Jug & 250ml Jug.
- Set of Sprayers
- Set of Coloured Sand – 400ml tubs of green, orange and red sand
- Set of Beech Wood Bowls – Small, medium and large bowls with pedestal.
- Set of Yellow Rakes and Spreader – 2 x Yellow Rake 24cm and Spreader.
- Set of Mini Animals – Mini animals include lizards, snakes, spiders, dinosaurs and wild animals. These miniature animals are perfect for encouraging story telling.
- Elephant Ear- 10cm –
- Set of Bamboo Sticks
- Set of Willow Sticks
- Set of Wooden Blocks & Logs
- Set of Mixed River Gems
- Set of Mixed Rocks
- Set of Shells – bag of mini mixed shells, set of larger shells inducing tiger cowrie shell, cappuccino shell, Japanese land snail shell and large land snail shell.
Sand Storage Collection
View our latest KS1 Essentials brochure for inspiration on how to fully equip your classroom.