Dough Resource Collection 2-3yrs
The tactile properties of dough make it fun for young children to explore. They find it easy to use and can manipulate it in many different ways. It is easy to hold and squeeze and can be flattened and poked – children soon learn how to use the equipment independently....Read More >
By providing a careful selection of items in each dough resource collection, children’s play will become much richer in learning. Their mathematical language will be enhanced as key concepts such as size, shape, counting, sharing, doubling and halving are explored. Play with dough is also highly social – children will relax and talk easily to one another, often in role, as they make family meals and celebrate birthdays.
The tactile properties of dough make it fun for young children to explore. They find it really easy to use and can manipulate it in lots of different ways. It is easy to hold, squash and squeeze and can be flattened, prodded and poked – and with support, children soon learn how to handle and use the equipment independently.
With the right resources there are opportunities for children to develop their mathematical thinking as they mould and place the dough in containers and there will be challenges that develop fine motor skills as they handle and gain control of the tools available. Whether working independently or collaboratively with adults, children will enjoy all of their explorations.
Our Dough Resource Collection includes the following
- Mini Baking Tins – 6 x Mini baking tins in assorted shapes such as hearts and stars.
- Small Muffin Cases x 12 – Children will really enjoy pretending with these easy-use miniature silicone muffin cases.
- Large Muffin Cases x 6 – Add a further set of larger muffin cases to easily expand conversations about children’s work and maths.
- Rolling Pins – 3 x small plain rolling pin and 3 x small patterned rolling pins. Including two patterned pins and two in plain, so children can share their ideas about pattern in small groups.
- Wooden Pattern Makers & Tools – Set of 3 x Pattern makers and 6 x Tools along with 3 x Bamboo spreader and 4 x wooden spoons – A full set of durable wooden tools and stampers allows children to be endlessly creative with pattern.
- Mixed Cutters – A collection of recognisable shapes with different themes such as round, star and gingerbread man. Something for every child.
- Bowls – Set of mixing bowls – in small, medium and large. In three sizes, a set of bowls for mixing, stirring and washing-up are invaluable aids with dough.
- Baking Trays – 1x 6 cups muffin tray, 1x 12 cups muffin tray.
- Small Chopping Board – Set of 2 wooden boards for rolling out dough.
View our latest Indoor & Outdoor Essentials brochure for inspiration on how to fully equip your classroom.