Dough Resource Collection
By providing a careful selection of dough resource collection resources, easily accessible and available every day, children’s play will become much richer in learning. Their mathematical language will be enhanced as key concepts such as size and shape, counting, sharing, doubling and halving are explored. Play with dough is also highly social – children will relax and talk easily to one another, often in role, as they make family meals and celebrate birthdays.......read more...Read More >
By providing a careful selection of dough resource collection resources, easily accessible and available every day, children’s play will become much richer in learning. Their mathematical language will be enhanced as key concepts such as size and shape, counting, sharing, doubling and halving are explored. Play with dough is also highly social – children will relax and talk easily to one another, often in role, as they make family meals and celebrate birthdays.
The tactile properties of dough make it fun for children to explore as they find it really easy to use and can manipulate it in lots of different ways. With these dough resource collection resources there will be challenges that develop fine motor skills as they handle and gain control of the tools available.
Our Dough Resource Collection includes the following:
- Set of Mini Baking Tins – 6 x Mini baking tins in assorted shapes such as hearts and stars.
- Set of Small Muffin Cases x 12 – Children will really enjoy pretending with these easy-use miniature silicone muffin cases.
- Set of Large Muffin Cases x 6 – Add a further set of larger muffin cases to easily expand conversations about children’s work and maths.
- Set of Wooden Coloured Discs – 10 x Red 2.5cm Discs, 10 x Yellow 3cm Discs, 10 x Blue 4cm Discs and 10 x Green 5cm Discs – A selection of circular wooden coloured discs in four colours and sizes will naturally steer children to mathematical thinking.
- Set of Rolling Pins – 2 x small plain rolling pin and 2 x small patterned rolling pins. Including two patterned pins and two in plain, children can share their ideas about pattern in small groups.
- Set of Wooden Pattern Makers & Tools – Set of 4 x Pattern makers and 6 x Tools along with 1 x Bamboo spreader– A full set of durable wooden tools and stampers allows children to be endlessly creative with pattern.
- Set of Dough Wheels – These set of 4 dough wheels are perfect for slicing dough or making marks. This set features two squiggly and two straight wheels.
- Set of Dough Extruders – This set of 4 dough extruders come in different shapes including a triangle, star, flower and dots enabling children to experiment with dough and see what creations they can make.
- Set of Mixed Cutters – A collection of recognisable shapes with different themes such as round, star and gingerbread man. Something for every child.
- Set of Cake Decorations – Including a set of candles ages 0-9, 2 x cake frills and a set of metallic celebration toppers. Decorating work will be great fun with these cake frills and toppers. Adding number candles promotes maths work.
- Set of Coloured Matchsticks & Lollipop Sticks – Approx. 500 Matchsticks and 100 lollipop sticks – This large set of colourful matchsticks and lollipop sticks allows children to experiment with representation and pattern making in their work.
- Set of Metal Pattern Makers – Including a tea spoon, dessert spoon and table spoon, set of 2 stainless steel metal rings, a stainless steel mini sieve and a stainless steel spaghetti measure. Selected for quality, this set of metal dough tools can be used for shaping, scooping and stamping.
- Set of Cake Boards – 2 x round cake boards in gold and silver, 2 x square cake boards in gold and silver. Children can learn to present their final creations on these real cake boards of different shapes and sizes.
- Set of Bowls – Set of 3 transparent mixing bowls – 1 x small 15cm, 1 x medium 20cm and 1 x large 25cm. In three sizes, a set of bowls for mixing, stirring and washing-up are invaluable aids with dough.
- Set of Baking Trays – 1 x 6 cups muffin tray, 1 x 12 cups muffin tray and 1 x rectangular baking tray.
- Small Transparent Pot.
View our latest Indoor & Outdoor Essentials brochure for inspiration on how to fully equip your classroom.