Dough Resource Collection 3-4yrs
The properties of dough make it fun for children to explore as they find it easy to use and manipulate it in lots of different ways. With this dough resource collection there will be challenges that develop fine motor skills as they handle and gain control of the tools available....Read More >
By providing this dough resource collection 3-4yrs, easily accessible and available every day, children’s play will become richer in learning. Their mathematical language will be enhanced as key concepts such as size and shape, counting, sharing, doubling and halving are explored. Play with dough is also highly social – children will relax and talk easily to one another, often in role, as they make family meals and celebrate birthdays.
The tactile properties of dough make it fun for children to explore. They find it really easy to use and can manipulate it in lots of different ways. With this dough resource collection 3-4yrs, there will be challenges that develop fine motor skills as they handle and gain control of the tools available.
Our Dough Resource Collection 3-4yrs includes the following
- Mini Baking Tins – 6 x Mini baking tins in assorted shapes such as hearts and stars.
- Small Muffin Cases x 12 – Children will really enjoy pretending with these easy-use miniature silicone muffin cases.
- Large Muffin Cases x 6 – Add a further set of larger muffin cases to easily expand conversations about children’s work and maths.
- Wooden Coloured Discs – 10 x Blue 6cm discs, 10 x green 5cm discs, 10 x red 4cm discs and 10 x yellow 3cm discs. A selection of circular wooden coloured discs in four colours and sizes will naturally steer children to mathematical thinking.
- Rolling Pins – 2 x small plain rolling pin and 3 x small patterned rolling pins. Including patterned and plain rolling pins, children can also share their ideas about pattern in small groups.
- Dough Wheels – These set of dough wheels are perfect for slicing dough or making marks. This set features two squiggly and two straight wheels.
- Mixed Cutters – A collection of recognisable shapes with different themes such as round, star and gingerbread man. Something for every child.
- Coloured Lollipop Sticks – Approx. 100 lollipop sticks. This large set of colourful lollipop sticks so children can experiment with representation and pattern making in their work.
- Metal Pattern Makers – Including a tea spoon, dessert spoon and table spoon, set of 2 stainless steel metal rings, a stainless steel mini sieve and a stainless steel spaghetti measure. Metal dough tools for shaping, scooping and also stamping.
- Cake Boards – 2 x round cake boards in gold and silver, 2 x square cake boards in gold and silver. Children can learn to present their final creations on these real cake boards of different shapes and sizes.
- Baking Trays – 1 x 6 cups muffin tray and 1 x 12 cups muffin tray.
- Wooden Spreaders – 3 x Bamboo spreaders– A full set of durable wooden tools so children can be endlessly creative with pattern.
- Wooden Bowls – set of 3 wooden bowls in 3 sizes.
- Plates – set of 3 plates in red, yellow and blue.
- Bowls – Set of 3 transparent mixing bowls – 1 x small 15cm, 1 x medium 20cm and 1 x large 25cm. In three sizes, a set of bowls for mixing, stirring and washing-up are invaluable aids with dough.
View our latest Get Equipped Indoors 2 -7 yrs brochure for ideas on how to fully equip your classroom.