Centre Assistant – Education Resources
Early Excellence is an established national leader of pedagogy, provision and practice, specialising in young children’s education. Every day we champion the development of inspirational learning and teaching, offering expert advice, support and training to schools and settings across the UK. We help schools and early years settings to understand and respond to the ever-changing landscape of education policy and keep a sharp focus on the leadership of quality provision.
To provide excellent external and internal customer service to both visitors to the London centre and internal teams. This is a cross- functional role working as required within the Café, Resource Centre and Administration team.
Specific Actions of the Centre Assistant:
- Meet and greet customers, ensuring the highest possible standards of internal and external customer service, customer care and presentation within the centre.
- Serve tea and coffee to course participants and visitors and offer hospitality during Internal meetings.
- Prepare as requested cold lunch orders for visitors. Work with the external caterers to ensure a lunch service is served for course participants. Support customers by clearing & wiping tables in the dining room and training room and clearing away food from the kitchen counters.
- Keep the kitchen floor clean and free from spilt food and rubbish.
- Take in, check & store food deliveries.
- Manage fridge, freezer and store cupboard stock rotation, ensuring out of date food is thrown away daily.
- Maintain a food hygiene and allergens diary
- Assist with front of house duties, greeting customers on arrival and answering telephone calls from customers and suppliers.
- Assist with the administering of evaluation forms.
- Support other members of the centre with the preparation of signs for the resource centre, room planning packs and laminates.
- Maintain the look and feel of the centre environment, including displays, ensuring that the shelving, resources and displays are clean, tidy, well-organised and well-presented.
- Assist with the stocking up of the resource centre and maintain the Interactive Environment
- Help with the processing of the weekly stock transfer as required.
- Assist with Resource Centre till transactions as needed.
- Wash laundry
- Assisting in other areas of the business as required
- Part time – 11.00am to 5.30pm, permanent
- £13,000 pa
- 25 days’ holiday, plus bank holidays
- Canada Water, Central London
To apply please email covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5th January 2018.